The Session is the governing board of the church. It consists of 12 ruling elders, who are members of the church elected by the congregation for three-year terms. Ruling elders serve on one or more of the nine Session committees which oversee the programs, finances and staff of the church.
- Christian Education Committee
- Church in the World Committee
- Group Life Committee
- Buildings and Grounds Committee
- Evangelism Committee
- Pastoral Care Committee
- Stewardship & Finance Committee
- Worship Committee
Download the Session Committee Descriptions for further information.
Board of Deacons
The Board of Deacons consists of 24 church members who have been elected by the congregation to a three-year term, and a youth elder who serves for one year. The deacons are the service arm of the church, and minister to those who are sick and in special need. They have a geographical parish that they look after.
Deacons assist with:
- Coffee hour organization and staffing
- Flower delivery
- Preparation of the communion elements
- Providing transportation and meals for those in special need
The Deacon’s Fund helps to support:
- Tape ministry
- Coffee hour supplies
- Memorial reception supplies
- Monthly financial assistance to several local nonprofit community service organizations
When: Meets as needed throughout the year
Purpose: To provide support and leadership for the church staff, and to make recommendations to the Session regarding hiring of new staff, compensation, and other personnel issues.